Tuesday, August 6, 2013

End of the Old, Start of the New


So while the only thing changing is my housing, it's been a really tough couple of weeks and an even tougher couple of days. My roommates moved out on the 2nd, which left me and Rachel here in 5105 for four days on our own. As nice as it's been to not have to share a room and to have space in my fridge, it's been very hard to stare at the empty room, the empty shelves in the pantry and the empty fridge. I've become so used to living my life with the company of 5 others that now basically being on my own is weird and slightly terrifying.


Sadly, today is my last day in my room here in 5105, but happily it's the start of a new chapter in my Disney Career. I'm moving in with some friends, and hopefully getting some more training in the Emporium. But even though it's a happy new page, it's really sad to close the book on the last seven months of my life.


I will never forget wandering around Epcot with Kira, watching her play random video games and enjoying her food whenever she got the weird urge to cook anything. I loved just sitting on the couch while she was gaming, and just talking to her. It'll be hard to lose that. Rachel was always up for going out for food, going out to wander or just going out to go somewhere. We'd ride rides, meet characters and wander, and with her moving that's going to probably slowly come to an end. Ashley and I may not have gotten along, but we did share a room and I will miss waking up every morning to her ringtone, even though I had just gone to sleep. Giselle and I spent a lot of time together as our schedules were very similar. I will always love her for listening to me and for loving me no matter what. This girl will always be one of the people I love the most and I am so lucky to have been her friend. And then there's Katie, who I probably spent the most time with outside of work. We spent an entire day meeting characters, and managed to do all four parks AND meet 33 characters in one day. I will miss not having her around to character hunt with.


5105 has given me a lot, and I would never, ever trade it for the world. I loved every single minute of my life here, but it's time to move onto bigger and while they may not be better, different things.


So, so long, 5105 bedroom three. I'll miss you, tiny overly cluttered kitchen, dinky bathroom and laundry across the parking lot. I'll miss the crooked stove and the fact that our fire alarm used to beep at 2 AM. I'll miss those times where all six of us were home and it was mayhem, and I will ALWAYS wonder how we never got security called on us for being so dang loud at times.



I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment