Friday, November 9, 2012

58 Day Mark & I'm Bad At This Blogging Stuff!

Woow.. Okay, well, sorry for the fact it's been a month. I've been working 6-7 days a week and I have school and I've been crazy busy. Thanks to my wisdom teeth being extracted, I do however have a few days off and I thought I would get on and update.

I know I said my bucket list would be next, but I'm thinking I'm actually going to talk about the expenses of the program, which is something I wish I would have known before I actually applied and was accepted. (Please excuse any spelling errors, I'm on a heavy dose of Percocet and I'm trying to keep my head on straight!)

So during the process of applying to the DCP, I knew there would be fees (And the fees are one reason I'm making the 3500 mile move from Seattle to Orlando, instead of going to Disneyland.) For the Orlando DCp, you pay $300 up front after being accepted. Now, what this goes to is your first two weeks of rent, and various activities that Disney puts on during your program. For California, you pay (I believe) $860 up front, and that covers about the same thing.

Now, as a college student that works two minimum wage jobs, I don't have the money for the Cali DCP, but when I added it all up, that's about what I'm spending. My flight to Orlando is costing me just over $200, which is a pretty good deal considering I'm flying down right after New Years. We are also going to stay at Art of Animation for three days before my check in (I don't know the cost, my grandma is paying for that, but last I looked it was pretty expensive!) and then the night before check in I'm staying with the girls in a suite near the hotel which is costing the 6 of us about $25 each. This doesn't even count my 3 day park hopper for while I'm down there.

Yeah, so while the DW DCP is cheaper in the fees, make sure you think about the gas you will have to buy driving, or the plane ticket to fly down, extra baggage fees, shipping extra stuff down once you get there, your hotel for the night before, or couple days before if you and some loved ones are coming down, and your park tickets! The more I think about it, the more I wonder if I could be paying the same as I would have to go to Disneyland. (Not that I wanted to, I'd rather spend my DCP in DW with my awesome roomies!)

Anyways, I have 58 or so days left till I check into my DCP with my wonderful Suietmates! I can't wait to meet Katie, Kira, Gisselle, Rachel and Ashley in person! We're going to have one of the craziest, most fun times ever!
Until next time,
Kelci

No comments:

Post a Comment